Information for Parents of Y6 Pupils
Today, we have written to all parents and carers of students who have been allocated a place in Year 7 for September 2019. A copy of the letter is available to download HERE. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel the Induction Day for students scheduled for Wednesday 3rd July. The reason for this is that several areas of the school will be closed due to extensive building work that will create 10 additional classrooms for September 2019. The final arrangements for this work have only been made in the last week and work is due to commence on Monday 24th June. This means, sadly, that we will not have enough rooms to accommodate all 240 pupils as well as the students we have in school on an Induction Day. I will contact your child’s headteacher to inform them of this decision. We will, however, be able to go ahead with our planned Induction Evening for parents and students. We will also offer tours of the school for any parents and students – details will be given at the Induction Evening.
Y6 Induction Evening (for parents/carers, students are welcome)
Wednesday 3rd of July 2019
You are invited to attend one of our sessions
Session 1 STARTS at 3.30pm – 4.15pm
Session 2 STARTS at 4.45pm-5.30pm
Sessions 3 STARTS at 6.00pm-6.45pm
YOU ONLY NEED TO ATTEND ONE SESSION
- There will be an opportunity for parents / carers to meet with Mr Evans, Principal, and other members of the senior leadership team as well as Mrs Gray, Year 7 Progress Leader and Mrs Traynor, Year 7 Assistant Progress Leader and our Head Boy and Head Girl.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss Pastoral and Curriculum issues with members of staff
- If your child has additional needs the SENDCO, Miss Williams, will be available during this time to talk with you
- There will be an opportunity to try on and order school uniform and PE kit
- You will be able to arrange a group tour of the school for the following week